Business Development Manager - Belgium
Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 150 cities and municipalities in 10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Business Development Manager Belgium at CitizenLab
We are looking for a result-driven perfectly bilingual (FR/NL) Business Developer to lead the business development in Belgium. If you care deeply about the future of our democracy and have a keen interest in working with the public sector, this might be you. The main responsibilities include:
- Craft and implement sales plans to ensure the growth of our client base of municipalities in Belgium by applying consultative selling and be(com)ing an expert in participatory democracy.
- Create new business opportunities within the public sector by networking, attending fairs, meetings, social media, and more.
- Track and present sales results and forecasts.
- Build lasting customer relationships and understand their needs.
- Identify industry trends and shifts. Adjust to acquire growth while retaining our company’s values.
Collaborate closely with the rest of the Business Development team and with the GovSuccess Managers BE to constantly share learnings on digital democracy and help each other grow to our full potential.
What do we expect from you?
- You are an exemplary Belgian: perfectly bilingual in Dutch & French. 🇧🇪
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in business development, sales, or similar.
- You can demonstrate a strong interest in the topics of public governance & citizen participation. If you have an existing network in the Belgian public sector, that's a very big plus.
Enthusiasm, humour, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication.
- People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them. In native Dutch, of course. :)
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy in the role of Business Development Manager.
- Most importantly: you can demonstrate a big appetite to improve the functioning of our democracies and the efficiency of public services!
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +150 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup. We're in an exciting, rapid-growth phase.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic and international team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results. We're in it together.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, or bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop and phone, flexibility on working from home, collective bonus plan, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.