Description du Poste
Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 150 cities and municipalities in 8 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Community Marketer at CitizenLab
CitizenLab is looking for a Community Marketer to help us grow our community of engaged citizens and partners, help clients boost engagement with the platform and share our knowledge with the Civic Tech sector. You will play a key role at the intersection of different teams (Marketing, Government Success and Product).
- Managing our social media channels;
- Managing our monthly newsletters;
- Creating innovative content for our community (clients and partners), and finding channels to distribute them (jointly with the digital marketeer and the content manager). This includes case studies but also client interviews, partner content, client emails, etc;
- Creating and maintaining a client and partner network by attending and organising events with this community;
- Creating and managing community groups, such as the client email or social media groups with our clients
- Identifying relevant opportunities for CitizenLab to be represented in the Civic Tech space (call for case studies, conferences…);
- Sharing best practices with our clients to help them maximise engagement on their platform;
- Using our internal knowledge and our partners’ expertise, design & implement citizen mobilisation tactics for our clients (jointly with marketing manager for wide-scale automations and marketing logics).
What do we expect from you?
You like working in a small and agile team with a strong bias for action—we ideate, we experiment, we learn. You are curious, open-minded, and you proactively search for new insights in the field of digital democracy. Besides, you are eager to learn quickly and recognise yourself in the following profile:
- Demonstrable +2y experience in marketing and communications, ideally with experience in the public sector or in non-profits;
- Demonstrable experience running successful large-scale B2C campaigns;
- Good knowledge of social media and email tools;
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent writing skills (if you can, please include links to writing samples in your cover letter);
- Autonomy and flexibility;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Native or very proficient in English and Dutch or French. Other European languages are a plus.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +125 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup. We're in an exciting, rapid-growth phase.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic and international team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results. We're in it together.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, or bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.