Content and Communications Freelancer (Dutch)
Description du Poste
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels and since recently incorporated in the U.S., aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 300 cities and municipalities in +18 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave +750,000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to have +2.5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities across the globe.
Content and Communications Freelancer NL at CitizenLab
The Marketing team is looking for a part-time (4-8 days per month) freelancer to help us create content and scale our marketing activities in the Netherlands. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing case studies to highlight our clients and showcase innovative use of our platforms in the Netherlands (one case study a month).
- Writing one blog article a month on the topics of civic tech, participatory democracy or local governments and carrying out research around these topics.
- Writing and scheduling Dutch social media posts.
- Helping write and put together the Dutch newsletter.
What do we expect from you?
- You have at least 3 years of experience in communications.
- You excel at writing in Dutch, and can demonstrate this through previous content and/or copywriting projects.
- You are proficient in English and are able to follow and contribute to calls with our global marketing team.
- You know how to work with digital marketing tools such Buffer, Mailchimp, and Wordpress.
- You are autonomous and are used to working with teams remotely.
- You have an interest in civic technology and the public sector.
What can you expect from us?
- Have a social impact at scale through your content writing. We're daily working with +300 governments to empower citizens in public decision-making.
- Be part of our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our expansion from Europe to the United States .
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.