Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 200 cities and municipalities in +10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Content Strategist at CitizenLab
If you are thrilled about digital democracy and have a strong interest in (content) marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for an experienced Content Strategist, who will be responsible for producing high-quality content across all our channels to boost our brand reputation, grow our global visibility, generate leads, and help lead our customers to success. Main responsibilities:
Taking ownership of our content strategy, from finding innovative ideas to research and writing the articles about civic technology.
Coordinating with other stakeholders to produce high-quality content such as case studies, thought pieces, testimonials or blog articles
- Managing the content calendar and taking ownership of content from idea to execution; Coordinating our social media channels and monthly newsletters.
- Working on our PR strategy as we expand into key markets, like the UK and the US; connecting with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about our social impact.
- Working on our content partnership strategy; identifying key partners in our target markets, commissioning or sharing content pieces, and maintaining these relationships.
- Working closely with the Government Success team to produce high-quality content for our clients and help increase engagement on our platforms.
Measuring and reporting on the performance of content marketing campaigns.
Who are you?
You should be able to lead content marketing campaigns from concept to execution, and increase the visibility of the company within our key markets. Your hands-on attitude and strong interest in democracy, participation and/or politics will help you craft the most valuable content strategies.
- You have outstanding creative writing skills in English. Dutch an/or French are a plus.
- You have demonstrable experience in content management, and know-how to develop content for a variety of channels (social media, email, articles, video).
- You have experience in press relations: pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development.
- You have great interpersonal skills, and you are at ease coordinating teams and taking ownership of projects.
- You have a good eye for design and the ability to quickly generate compelling visual content.
- You have excellent organisation and project management skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple tasks.
- You have a strong sense of fun, experimentation and proactivity — we are constantly trying new tactics, taking risks, and pushing ourselves to challenge assumptions.
- You have experience working in the public sector, or have a strong interest in becoming an industry expert on the topic of digital democracy.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
To apply, please provide a CV and a cover letter in English.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.