Business Development Lead France (80-100%)
RemoteAnywhere in France, Île-de-France, France€65,000 - €100,000 per yearSales
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 400+ local governments and organisations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe', and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
Business Development Lead France at CitizenLab
As our Business Development Lead France, you will help CitizenLab grow in France and other French-speaking markets (mainly Canada, Belgium, Switzerland) by developing a market strategy, building partnerships and growing our client base. If you care deeply about the future of democracy and have a keen interest in working with the public sector, this might be you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a business development strategy to drive revenue growth and market share in France and other French-speaking countries.
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities, partnerships, and channels to expand the CitizenLab footprint within the French-speaking markets.
- Identify, develop and close new business opportunities, and manage the sales cycle from discovery to demo to close in collaboration with the local account executive.
- Oversee key client accounts, collaborating with the local Customer Success manager to identify opportunities for growth and ensuring high retention rates.
- Grow CitizenLab's presence in the French public sector by networking, public speaking, attending conferences, and developing new partnerships.
What do we expect from you?
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience working in SaaS strategy, business development and sales. A network in the French public sector is a plus.
- Experience in consultative selling in a newer and rapidly changing, competitive market.
- Excellent understanding of French local politics and the public sector, and strong interest in the domain of public governance & community engagement.
- Enthusiasm, humor, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication. People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them.
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress and are comfortable with exceeding sales quotas
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy in the role of Business Development Manager.
- You are based in France and French is your first language.
- Most importantly: you can demonstrate a big appetite to improve the functioning of our governments and democracies!
An eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking all the boxes. If you don’t meet all of the listed requirements but are motivated and excited about the role, we want to hear from you!
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale through our open-source product. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid growth as scale-up (50 employees), and contribute to our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various in-person and remote team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. 26 days off and perks such as a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, full flexibility on working from home, unlimited access on mental health support via OpenUp and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. While we are proud of our cultural diversity and gender parity, we are aware of the limited diversity in terms of origins within our team and we are committed to remedying it. We strongly encourage people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to apply.