Demand Generation Marketeer
RemoteAnywhere, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest, Belgium€35,000 - €55,000 per yearMarketing
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 500+ local governments and organisations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe', and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
Demand Generation Marketeer at CitizenLab
As our Demand Generation Marketeer, you will be pivotal in creating and nurturing demand for our product, extending beyond mere lead generation. Your primary responsibility is to thoroughly understand our customer journey, identifying and refining the most successful paths through relentless testing and data analysis. Utilizing this data, you will skillfully craft email nurturing campaigns, webinars, and event strategies, alongside other key touchpoints, to advance leads further down the funnel. Your expertise will be crucial in boosting our conversion rates and fostering sustained customer engagement.
Your responsibilities will include
- Advanced Customer Journey Mastery (20%): Deeply understand and enhance customer journey effectiveness with continuous analysis and a sophisticated lead scoring system to accurately track each lead's progress.
- Segment-Specific Strategies (20%): Support the Head of Marketing in developing unique journeys for distinct customer segments, tailored based on their entry points in the funnel. Integrate insights from our (local) go-to-market strategy to refine messaging and content at each funnel stage.
- Email Marketing Excellence (30%): Design comprehensive email nurturing pathways to progress prospects, combined with targeted one-off campaigns for lead activation and engagement.
- Webinars and Event Optimization (20%): Select webinar topics with strategic insight, and meticulously plan promotional campaigns. Empower the sales team with data-driven strategies for event participation, focusing on audience analysis, attendee engagement, and ROI evaluation.
- Integrated Campaign Management (10%): Expertly manage and automate campaigns across platforms like LinkedIn, Salesforce, and Google Ads, ensuring seamless alignment and efficiency.
What do we expect from you?
- You are passionate about public governance & citizen engagement.
- You have +2 years of marketing experience in technology, specifically SaaS platforms.
- You have strong analytical skills and are proficient in analyzing marketing data and customer insights to inform strategies and decision-making.
- You are familiar with marketing tools and software, including CRM systems (Saleforce), marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools.
- You are deeply skilled at project management and balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are self-driven and thrive working autonomously
- You are a storyteller at heart, and have an outstanding ability to craft engaging narratives around products that make complex product information or feature specifications compelling, and the value proposition clear
- You understand that hypothesizing, testing, and adopting are cornerstones to any successful campaign.
- You are based in Central European time zone
What are our additional Nice-to-Haves?
- You have industry knowledge or prior experience in public governance, citizen engagement, or related fields.
- You have a Degree or Advanced Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Communications, or a related field.
- You are multilingual, and fluent in additional languages besides English. Preferably German and French.
An eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking all the boxes. If you don’t meet all of the listed requirements but are motivated and excited about the role, we want to hear from you!
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from a startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our international expansion.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in our various hybrid (in-person/remote) team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package (salary range is between 35.000 - 55.000 euro gross), incl. perks such as a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, unlimited access to mental wellbeing support via OpenUp, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.