Government Support Manager (internal)
Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 200 cities and municipalities in 10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Community Manager at CitizenLab
CitizenLab is looking for a Community Manager to help us support our growing community of government clients on a daily basis, and help them boost engagement on their platform. You will play a key role at the intersection of different teams (Government Success, Marketing and Product). Your main responsibilities will include a diverse mix of customer support and community engagement:
Answer the (technical) questions of our clients in EN/NL/FR, via Intercom (chat) as well per email and phone.
- Resolve customer satisfaction issues with a smile, whilst coordinating with product and development on the technical fixes or product feedback.
- Write support articles and craft content for the helpdesk to guide clients in their usage.
- Craft and implement strategies for the adoption of new features, together with marketing & product.
- Implement and manage a knowledge-sharing platform for our clients. They love learning from each other.
- Create and maintain a client network by attending and organising events with the community.
- Share best practices with our clients to help them maximise engagement on their platform.
- Identify opportunities and works with internal teams to improve the customer journey.
What do we expect from you?
You like working in a small and agile team with a strong bias for action. You are curious, open-minded, and you have a strong interest in the field of digital democracy. Besides, you are eager to learn quickly and recognise yourself in the following requirements:
- +2y experience in community marketing, customer support, or a customer-facing position;
- Ideally, you have previous experience in the public sector or can demonstrate a strong interest;
- Excellent written and verbal in communication skills;
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way to a non-technical audience;
Friendly, cheerful, and likes working with people;
Creative thinker who can align business goals with customer experience improvements;
- Ability to see patterns and gain insights through analysis, and translate them into actionable items for other teams (e.g. recurring product questions indicating a product problem);
- Very proficient in English + Dutch and/or French. Other European languages are a plus.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +125 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup. We're in an exciting, rapid-growth phase.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic and international team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results. We're in it together.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, or bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.