Do you want to help shape local democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced yet collaborative environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab is a Brussels-based social impact scale-up that aims to improve democracy for the digital era. The SaaS platform is already being used by 125 cities and municipalities in 8 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between local governments and its citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave 250.000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. After recently having raised a significant funding round, CitizenLab is looking for mission-driven talent to join on its mission to have 2,5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities all over the world.
Operations Coordinator at CitizenLab
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator. A reliable multi-tasker who can help improve our company's operations, by coordinating crucial tasks in administration, finance, and accountancy—in collaboration with the Head of People & Operations, this person should also be well-skilled in office management tasks.
The diverse set of tasks you'll be working on include:
- Follow up on all of our company's administrative processes.
- Act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
- Increase staff's productivity by organising company documents, in collaboration with the Head of People & Operations.
- Purchasing office supplies and handling incoming (e)mail.
- Organise tickets and invoices, in coordination with the accountant, to enable reliable financial reporting.
- Monitor our expenses and handle third-party contracts and subscriptions.
- Take care of our employees' happiness and well-being, by helping design the workplace, organise team events, onboard new employees, and more.
What do we expect from you?
As our Operations Coordinator, you are an organised and competent professional with great communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with our employees' queries and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- You have proven work experience as an Administrative Coordinator or a similar role.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch (as many of our administrative partners are Dutch-speaking) and are comfortable speaking English at the office.
- You are good at working with (financial) numbers, including basic maths and accountancy.
- You possess excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You are proactive and solutions-oriented.
- Above all, you are highly organised and detail-oriented.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +125 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup (15 employees) to scaleup (35 employees).
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic & international team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. :)
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
Deadline for applications
Ideally, we’d like to see you start at the end of July or earlier, so please submit your application by July 12th 2020.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.