Product Support Engineer
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 230 cities and municipalities in +10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave +500,000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to have +2.5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities across the globe.
Product Support Engineer at CitizenLab
As a Product Support Engineer, your goal is to help local governments be effective in using our platform. Thanks to your technical background, you’re able to understand how the platform works on the most detailed technical level, making you the customer-facing expert on any technical challenges. Your main responsibilities will include:
Respond to requests from our customers on technical challenges related to using or setting up our platform.
Document any issues precisely towards the development team and follow up with customers.
- Seek ways to improve our support efficiency by contributing to documentation and automating recurring tasks.
- Help out the product & development team streamline their processes, by e.g. testing new versions of the platform, before releases.
What do we expect from you?
- You have programming skills by education or experience, with a solid understanding of web technology.
- You are empathetic and show a positive attitude, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution in simple terms.
- You have a customer-first attitude and feel confident to voice customers’ concerns within our internal team.
- Your spoken and written English is excellent. Proficiency in French is a very strong plus. Knowledge of Dutch is a bonus.
- You are detailed oriented and are able to completely and thoroughly describe any issues originating from the platform towards the development team.
- Any experience with automated testing frameworks (cypress, testcafe, selenium, jest, nightwatch, protractor, browserstack...) or doing manual product testing is a bonus.
- You are used to working in a fast-paced environment.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +230 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees).
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, training budget, well-being budget, collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.